Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chicken Tortilla & Twice Baked Potatoes

When I went to mom’s to make my meal, little did I know that I was also feeding three hungry teenage boys.  Jessie came over to help cook and we made an executive decision to leave out the beans. We really should have read instructions on the Chicken Tortilla Soup before deciding on a meeting time, and dinner time. With the boys hovering ready for dinner the soup did not simmer as long as it should have. We also put more cornmeal into the soup in an effort to thicken it a little more. I think next time I will cut some water since I cut the beans out. I might also throw in a third chicken. We also used hard tacos instead of corn tortillas and a yellow pepper instead of green.

There were seven of us at dinner. Steak was also on the menu. No potatoes made it home to Travis. He was very upset. I will definitely be making them at my next get together. Jessie and I loved the soup. The boys ate it and said they liked it. Don’t think they will be eating the leftovers though. Now just have to see what Travis thinks about the leftovers I brought home.

Travis was not a fan. His complaint, too many onions and peppers. I still thought it was yummy and will make it again for me in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I'm leaving out some of the beans in mine too, so I'll be sure to go easy on the liquid and/or add another piece of chicken. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete