Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Delicious Chocolate Pie

Recipe two of my cooking Sunday is for Delicious Chocolate Pie. I got to pick this one for the Sweet as Pie Cooking Club. I happened to see it on a Pioneer Woman episode and said, hey I like chocolate. So I picked it for the month.

First up, melt 4 oz of unsweetened baking chocolate. I actually used the microwave like the recipe said instead of my normal double broiler. I just didn't want the extra dish to clean. Meanwhile I creamed two sticks of butter with 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar until fluffy.

I guess this counts as fluffy.
Then add the chocolate and 1 teaspoon vanilla. This is were I read I should be using the whisk attachment. Oops. There went trying to save dishes.

Good thing my whisk was clean.
Next add the four eggs five minutes apart. Yes I set the timer. When that was all done I put the filing in my graham cracker pie crust.

I am very glad I got the large crust.
Next for a two hour chill while I make dinner.

I ended up not getting to have pie after dinner. It was two days later by the time I got to try this. Travis had already eaten almost half the pie. Obviously he likes it. I like it too. Whip cream would be most welcome. I think on the way home tonight I will get some. This will get made again.


1 comment: