Sunday, October 20, 2013

Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup

So it has been a week of my feeling horrible, but now that I feel better I need to catch up on a lot of cooking. Between work and CPA review class, Travis and I need a lot of meals ready.

First up on my list today is Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup. I am not a tomato soup fan, but Travis is so I thought I would give it a try. It was certainly easy. First, dump everything in but the tortellini and cheese. I used a 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder instead of cloves, because it is easier. I used dried tomato paste, not chopped tomatoes because while Travis loves tomatoes, he doesn't like cooked chunks of them. I also realized that I did not have any Italian Seasoning (I cleaned out my spice shelf of all the outdated items and this was one). So I made my own by mixing 1 teaspoon each of oregano, marjoram, basil, sage, and rosemary with a heaping teaspoon of thyme and a pinch of mint. This made a little more then a tablespoon.


After this came to a simmer I added the tortellini and let it cook for another 10 min.



I tried a taste and surprisingly it wasn't bad. Not that I would eat a bowl. Travis thought it wasn't bad but hasn't had a bowl. I was disappointed that it made so little. Three 2 cup bowls. I put two in the freezer for later and one in the fridge for this week. We will see how he likes it.

Travis liked it but thinks that it needs more tortellini. Next time I will either get a bigger box or add two.

No comments:

Post a Comment