Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie

I had to modify this recipe a little bit, partly because I am lazy and partly because Travis is picky. Instead of all these individual ½ cup diced items, I used a bag of frozen vegetables. I really liked this. I had corn, peas, carrots, and green beans in mine. Since I was using frozen vegetables, I added the chicken broth before the flour. After that I followed the recipe. I still got a really thick gravy. My pie crust however was very sad looking. I also didn’t have a pie pan big enough.
 

Decisions:
Pie Crust: Good, but I’ll stick with Pillsbury. Less work and just as good.

Pot Pie: I liked it, a lot. Travis was less than thrilled. What he said was really funny (in a text since he had leftovers), but I deleted the text. He thought it needed mashed potatoes. He really is a meat and potatoes guy.
Future: I will probably leave this in the meal planner. Though apparently I will have to add mashed potatoes to it for Travis. I will add a bottom crust though.

No comments:

Post a Comment