Sunday, June 8, 2014

Butterscotch Peanut Butter Bars

It was my turn to pick a recipe for Sweet as Pie and I picked Butterscotch Peanut Butter Bars. We were also having some friends over for a cook out and I thought this would be a great dessert.

I even had a helper for this one. Mikita is getting so big at 12 weeks.

First cream 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of white sugar, and 1/2 cup of peanut butter.

This little device is amazing. It makes adding things like peanut butter a breeze. Nothing left in the measuring cup.

Next, mix in your egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla. In a separate bowl sift 1 cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon baking soda. After you have sifted the dry ingredients, mix in 1/2 cup of quick cooking oatmeal.

Then mix in the sifted flour mixture.
 Pour the stiff batter into a 9x13 greased pan. The recipe calls for greasing with butter but I am a Crisco girl.

Sprinkle 1 cup of butterscotch chips on top.
Bake the brownies at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.

Next make the peanut butter glaze. Whip 1 cup confectioner's sugar, 4 tablespoons, and 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Pour the glaze onto the warm brownies.


Everyone but me loved these. My guests even took half the brownies home. It was too sweet for me. I had some non-glazed brownie and I liked that. I think I will try these again, only use a chocolate glaze instead of a peanut butter glaze. Who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter?



No comments:

Post a Comment