Friday, November 2, 2012

French Onion Soup

So one of my favorite soups is french onion so when it was my turn to pick a meal for the cooking club I was excited to see that PW had a recipe that seemed fairly easy. Now of course I waited until I was hungry to start cooking. WARNING: This is not a fast soup to make.  So I preheated my oven and melted my stick of butter. Then I sliced up six onions. PW said four large, mine aren't large.




I don't know what I would do without my mandarin.
So I sliced up the onions and threw them into a pot to simmer for twenty minutes.

Sorry for the blur, my eyes were watering so bad I thought this was in focus.
Meanwhile, I put away the rest of the groceries. And took the Jello Jigglers out of the mold. Then into the oven for an hour. Maybe I will have some popcorn while I wait.

An hour later golden goodness. Add some wine, chicken broth, beef broth, Worcestershire, and garlic and let simmer for another forty-five minutes.



So I can't say that mine turned out pretty. I don't really have broiler safe bowls so I used some Pyrex and the cheese didn't really go over the bowl so I kinda sank to the bottom. Still melted though. I know the bread is supposed to keep it up but I never liked the soggy bread so I didn't use any. Very good though. I plan to freeze my extra (since Travis won't eat anything with onion in it) and eat it all winter. On my list! Maybe a little pepper next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment